Beach safety Newquay Beaches
Follow a few simple rules to keep you and your family safe on Newquay’s beaches. If in doubt ask a lifeguard for advice. With so many beaches to choose from you are bound to find one that suits you best.
Warning Flags and what they mean.
- Always accompany children to the sea and make sure you stay in the correct patrolled area and within a reasonable depth.
- Always listen and obey the Lifeguards advice.
- Never take inflatables into the sea.
- Never swim alone or right after eating or drinking alcohol.
- Never leave valuables unattended.
Designated bathing area supervised by Lifeguards. All swimmers/Boogie and
Body Boards etc. Always bathe between the red and yellow flags.SURFCRAFT
For all Surfcraft over 5 feet in length. Includes canoes, windsurfers
Always surf between the black and white flags.DANGER
DANGER DO NOT ENTER THE SEA The red flag indicates that the sea conditions are dangerous.
Never enter the sea when the red flag is flying