We have listed the below the Newquay videos that we have published on the site. We are always adding to these. They are listed with the most recent at the top. They may also feature in our Blog.
We are grateful to all the amateur and professionals who have submitted videos to the various video sharing sites. The ability to publish them here enhances our visitor experience.
It is interesting to note how fast the technology has changed making the sharing of video so much easier. Videos are now made and shared at a quality that could only have been dreamed of only a few years ago.
We have included some older videos on here as we felt that they reflected the time they were made rather well. Today’s video maker with an iPhone would find the first VHS camcorders that were the size of a small suitcase and carried on the shoulder highly amusing I am sure.
We welcome suggestions, submissions and comments please contact us.
Newquay Videos Listing.
- Fistral Beach Night Surfing August 13, 2016- Night surfing competition at Fistral beach in Newquay. Part of the UK Pro Surf Tour.
- Newquay Zoo 2015 December 17, 2015- Newquay Zoo 2015 – A year in the life of the Zoo A short video covering a year in the life of the Zoo new arrivals, Penguins, deer, a visit of the Royal Cornwall Show and more.
- Phillip Schofield Huers Hut October 29, 2015- Phillip Schofield Huers Hut In an interview with the Cornish Guardian on the Hures Hut, Phillip said: “I watched the campaign to look after the hut very carefully and it wasn’t very successful; it closed before I really got to grips with how to donate, as well as how poorly it had all become,”. The […]
- Taylor Knox visits Newquay June 10, 2015- Surfing legend Taylor Knox visits Newquay’s Watergate Bay. Saturday 6th June – Taylor Knox visits Newquay Surf and travel brand Reef together with Carve magazine brought legendary Surfer Taylor Knox to Watergate Bay Newquay for a day of surfing with the local kids. Over one hundred kids turned up for the Reef ‘Get Your Hack […]
- Video Pentire Fistral Crantock June 1, 2015- An aerial video from AirVue taken over Pentire Fistral Crantock. This shows off the spectacular coastline both the rugged cliffs and wonderful beaches around Newquay. With Kind permission of AirVue
- Racing the Tide MFV Sanu Project June 1, 2015- Racing the Tide MFV Sanu Project the video describes the background and the work involved in removing this old timber built vessel from the Gannel Estuary between tides. The Sanu, formerly MFV 29 of the MFV 1 class, was built by Frank Curtis in Looe in August 1942 for the Admiralty and remained in service […]
- Video Night Surf Newquay May 27, 2015- Drone footage taken during the Newquay night surf competition on Fistral Beach This, (Video Night Surf Newquay was) was taken using a quadrocopter flying over Fistral beach at night. This event is now in its 14th year held over two days under special floodlights with live music, DJs and fireworks.
- Newquay Harbour Video May 26, 2015- A Newquay Harbour Video from a local professional photographer. Newquay Harbour Newquay Harbour is a working harbour with several commercial fishing boats as well passenger boats catering for the visitors going fishing, dolphin watching and diving. It is home to the Newquay Fish Festival held in September and of course the Newquay lifeboat. […]
- Sea Kings Flypast Newquay Bay May 22, 2015- The Sea Kings Flypast – 771 Squadron flew around the coast in a 150 mile tour from Helston to Land’s End, up to Newquay and over Truro, before flying back to the Lizard via Falmouth. The Sea Kings Flypast – 771 Squadron flew around the coast in a 150 mile tour from Helston to […]
- Polo on the Beach Watergate Bay May 19, 2015- GWR Polo on the Beach will take place on the beach at Watergate Bay on Friday 26, Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 June 2015. “Expect an event that’s bigger and better than ever before. Polo is what this weekend is all about, and this year we’re looking to play three matches with a Friday […]
- Vintage Newquay Surfing Video May 16, 2015- Surfing in Newquay in the 70’s. Archive surfing film of the early days of surfing in the days before mobile phones, when tablets where a medication from the chemist and flares where in. This vintage Newquay surfing video was made in the decade of the Vietnam War, Nixon as president of the United States, Films […]
- Blue Reef Creative Creatures May 15, 2015- Newquay’s Blue Reef Aquarium is carrying on the theme from the recent Art8 Festival by hosting a “Creative Creatures” event over the May Half Term holidays (May 23rd – 31st) 2015. Blue Reef Creative Creatures: The staff at the Towan Promenade wildlife attraction are inviting visitors to get creative by using the aquarium’s aquatic inhabitants […]
- Thundercats Experience Watergate Bay May 14, 2015- If you have wondered what it is like to be in one of these fast inflatables this is the video for you. Thundercats Experience Watergate Bay This video gives you real feel to what it is like being in one of these boats at high speed and what the experience of being tipped out is […]
- Fistral Beach Drone Flight May 10, 2015- Wonderful views in this Fistral Beach Drone Flight. Newquay’s most famous beach looks wonderful from the air. Fistral Beach Drone Flight – A real birds eye view. From the Video Maker. “Amazingly the seagulls hated the drone and would swarm around it when it got to around 80m in the air – cutting the flight […]
- Lusty Glaze Zip Wire October 5, 2014- Lusty Glaze Zip Wire Zip wire Thrills in Newquay Lusty Glaze beach and adventure centre has a Trip wire that runs from the cliff above the beach. The ride is thrilling and exciting. The Lusty Glaze Zip Wire is 750ft long and 120ft high making it one of Europe’s one of longest, highest and fastest. […]
- Summer Break – Newquay October 5, 2014- Summer Break – Newquay Largest post exam holiday in the UK Summer Break in the largest holiday break for post exam students in the UK. Party fun and organised events. Beach culture and more…
- Gig Racing in Newquay October 5, 2014- Gigs leaving the Harbour for the race Gig Racing in Newquay. Annual competition held in Newquay with Gig Crews from around Cornwall competing. For more information about the history of the Cornish Gig
- Newquay Golf Club October 5, 2014- Newquay Golf Club Some Shots taken at Newquay Golf Club Video taken at Newquay Golf Club One of Cornwall’s best seaside links courses comes complete with stunning views over the Atlantic. The elements can provide a a great challenge overcoming the greenside bunkers accuracy is the name of the game for high scores in Newquay.
- Lappa Valley Railway October 5, 2014- Trip from Wheal Rose to Bennys Halt Lappa Valley Railway Always a popular visitor attraction and within easy reach of Newquay. A narrow Gauge railway that runs on one of the oldest railway track beds in Cornwall. Th e original railway was opened in 1849 as a mineral line from Newquay to East Wheal Rose. […]
- Baby Penguin Newquay Zoo October 5, 2014- Feeding a Baby Penguin Newquay Zoo A baby Penguin being fed at Newquay Zoo. A baby Penguin being fed at Newquay Zoo. Sometimes even Penguins have to be hand reared by the dedicated Zoo staff. You can see more Newquay Zoo Videos here.
- Lappa Valley Steam Railway October 5, 2014- Lappa Valley Steam Railway Lappa Valley Steam Railway In the unique historic setting of the Lappa Valley you will find loads of fun things to do and discover! There are three separate miniature railways running through this oasis of conservation, where wildlife thrives in a protected environment. It’s a great place to enjoy peace and […]
- The Train to Newquay October 5, 2014- The Train to Newquay The train journey to Newquay involves a change of stations at Par to join the Branch line that takes you to Newquay. This video is a promotional film for that Par to Newquay line.
- Newquay Gig Racing Video October 5, 2014- Newquay Gig Racing Video Gid Race Gannel to Newquay Harbour Newquay’s Gig racing. This video if a 4 Gig race from the River gannel to Newquay harbour. For more information on Gig Racing.
- Coast and Beaches of Newquay October 5, 2014- Arial tour of the Coast and beaches of Newquay A promotional video narrated by Chris Payne. This video was originally produced some years ago by the Tourism Department in Newquay. We have several of their videos on the site. Newquay’s beaches seen from the air. Watergate Bay, Mawgan Porth, Porth, Whipsiderry, Lusty Glaze, Great Western, […]
- Blue Reef Aquarium October 5, 2014- Blue Reef Aquarium Newquay’s Blue Reef Marine Centre Video clip below taken by a visitor last year. For more information on Blue Reef and the work carried out there visit our Blue Reef page under attractions.
- Swimming with Basking Sharks October 5, 2014- Swimming with Basking Sharks – Newquay Basking sharks are a common site in the summer off the coast of Cornwall. The basking shark is the second-largest living fish, and is a plankton-eating shark. besides the whale shark and megamouth shark. It is found in all the world’s temperate oceans. A slow-moving creature that catches plankton […]
- Basking Sharks in Newquay October 4, 2014- Basking Sharks in Newquay Newquay Harbour Trip to view basking Sharks Basking Sharks are a common site off the coast of Cornwall in the summer months are they follow the Plankton blue north. These giant creatures are safe eating only plankton. Newquay harbour has boats that will take out visitors on trips to see both […]
- Newquay Basking Sharks October 4, 2014- Newquay Basking Sharks Basking Shark Trips from Newquay Harbour Video and film of Basking Sharks off the coast at Newquay. Trips rn from Newquay Harbour out to see Dolphins, Seals and Basking Sharks. Video from at Newquay’s Blue Reef Aquarium. More wildlife and sea creature information : Newquay’s Blue Reef Aquarium
- Gig Racing Newquay – Real competition October 4, 2014- Gig Racing in Newquay A short video of Gig racing, Newquay holds an annual championship. You can read more about Gigs, their history and construction here.
- Newquay Harbour Seals October 4, 2014- Newquay Harbour Seals Seals begging for Fish in Newquay Harbour Newquay’ s harbour seals greet the return of one of the fishing trip boats. Th seals recgnise the boats and their antics provide great entertainment for the visitors at the end of their trip and for the onlookers around the harbour walls.
- Newquay Harbour Time Lapse October 4, 2014- Newquay Harbour Time Lapse Ninety minutes in Newquay Harbour A Time Lapse Video of Newquay Harbour taken over a ninety minute period. The harbour at Newquay is only a few minutes walk from the town centre. Several boats run from the harbour taking visitors out on fishing trips, scuba diving and seal watching.
- Incoing Tide in the Gannel Estuary October 4, 2014- Incoing Tide in the Gannel Estuary A short video showing a small tidal bore in the Gannel Estuary. The Gannel is a haven for wildlife and lying just outside Newquay on the coastal path it is a popular walk. This video does illustrate the speed that an incoming tide can achive when forced into a […]
- Watergate Bay Cliffs Newquay October 4, 2014- Watergate Bay Cliffs Newquay A Chinook Flies by Video of a Chinook Flying past and over the cliffs and beaches at Watergate Bay near Newquay. Watergate Bay is a popular beach with Windsurfers, Kite Surfers, and other extreme water sports. It is the venue for many surf competitions and Festivals including the Zapcats racing and […]
- Watergate Bay Timelapse Video October 4, 2014- Watergate Bay Timelapse Video The chaninges faces of Watergate Bay A time Lapse video of Watergate bay. Taken in November 2010. Watergate Bay nr Newquay is a spectacular beach. Popular for Surfing , Wind surfing and Kite Surfing it is a popular location for lessons and competitions and Festivals. Boardmasters annual Festival holds its Music […]
- Boat Trip from Newquay Harbour October 4, 2014- Boat Trip from Newquay Harbour A boat trip from Newquay Harbour. The Harbour has several boats that will take out visitors to go fishing, seal watching, shark spotting or simply to have a trip along the coast. If you take a trip on a fishing boat or just happen to be in the harbour when […]
- Blue Grass Music Festival October 4, 2014- Blue Grass Music Festival The Shindig Dancers The Shindig Dancers performing at the Newquay Blue Grass Festival held at Hendra Holiday Park in Newquay. For more information on the Festival contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blue Reef Aquarium Video October 4, 2014- Blue Reef Aquarium Video Blue Red Newquay Blue Reef Aquarium Newquay. Video shot by a visitor during December 2010. Located on Towan Beach facing the island and its famous suspension bridge, the Blue Reef Aquarium is a popular attraction for visitors to Newquay. You will walk through underwater tunnels to view ocal marine species from […]
- Stag and Hen Parties October 4, 2014- Stag and Hen Parties in Newquay Promotional video from the Escape Surf Lodge in Newquay. The Escape is is one of the great Surf Lodges in Newquay. Whether it is for a surf weekend, a Stag or Hen party, or simply a few days away with friends. Surf lodges in Newquay offer a great value […]
- Little Western Railway October 4, 2014- Little Western Railway Newquay’s Minature Railway
- Newquay Harbour October 4, 2014- Newquay Harbour Video of a trip on board a Jet Ski leaving Newquay Harbour. The coastline of Newquay as well as the boats and fishing vessels in the harbour
- The Gannel Estuary – A Paddle October 4, 2014- The Gannel Estuary – A Paddle The Gannel Estuary at Newquay is a haven for wildlife and popular walking and recreation area.
- Seahorses – Blue Reef Aquarium October 4, 2014- Seahorses – Blue Reef Aquarium Breeding Seahorses at Bluereef Aquarium in Newquay.
- Time Lapse Video Watergate Bay October 4, 2014- Time Lapse Video Watergate Bay Watergate Bay shown in a time lapse video over three days. For more information and videos on Watergate Bay click on the tag below.
- Newquay Buskers August 13, 2014- Newquay Buskers The Big Sets Popular local Newquay buskers The Big sets performing in Newquay during the summer 2014.
- Scouts go Coasteering in Newquay January 5, 2014- Scouts go Coasteering in Newquay Explorer Scouts having Fun in Coasteering in Newquay. There are several schools that offer training and couses as well as taster session for a day out.