We have listed the below the Newquay videos that we have published on the site. We are always adding to these. They are listed with the most recent at the top. They may also feature in our Blog.
We are grateful to all the amateur and professionals who have submitted videos to the various video sharing sites. The ability to publish them here enhances our visitor experience.
It is interesting to note how fast the technology has changed making the sharing of video so much easier. Videos are now made and shared at a quality that could only have been dreamed of only a few years ago.
We have included some older videos on here as we felt that they reflected the time they were made rather well. Today’s video maker with an iPhone would find the first VHS camcorders that were the size of a small suitcase and carried on the shoulder highly amusing I am sure.
We welcome suggestions, submissions and comments please contact us.
Newquay Videos Listing.
- Fistral Beach Night Surfing August 13, 2016 - Night surfing competition at Fistral beach in Newquay. Part of the UK Pro Surf Tour.
- Newquay Zoo 2015 December 17, 2015 - Newquay Zoo 2015 – A year in the life of the Zoo A short video covering a year in the life of the Zoo new arrivals, Penguins, deer, a visit of the Royal Cornwall Show and more.
- Phillip Schofield Huers Hut October 29, 2015 - Phillip Schofield Huers Hut In an interview with the Cornish Guardian on the Hures Hut, Phillip said: “I watched the campaign to look after the hut very carefully and it wasn’t very successful; it closed before I really got to grips with how to donate, as well as how poorly it had all become,”. The […]
- Taylor Knox visits Newquay June 10, 2015 - Surfing legend Taylor Knox visits Newquay’s Watergate Bay. Saturday 6th June – Taylor Knox visits Newquay Surf and travel brand Reef together with Carve magazine brought legendary Surfer Taylor Knox to Watergate Bay Newquay for a day of surfing with the local kids. Over one hundred kids turned up for the Reef ‘Get Your Hack […]
- Video Pentire Fistral Crantock June 1, 2015 - An aerial video from AirVue taken over Pentire Fistral Crantock. This shows off the spectacular coastline both the rugged cliffs and wonderful beaches around Newquay. With Kind permission of AirVue
- Racing the Tide MFV Sanu Project June 1, 2015 - Racing the Tide MFV Sanu Project the video describes the background and the work involved in removing this old timber-built vessel from the Gannel Estuary between tides. The Sanu, formerly MFV 29 of the MFV 1 class, was built by Frank Curtis in Looe in August 1942 for the Admiralty and remained in service until […]
- Newquay Harbour Video May 26, 2015 - A Newquay Harbour Video from a local professional photographer. Newquay Harbour Newquay Harbour is a working harbour with several commercial fishing boats as well passenger boats catering for the visitors going fishing, dolphin watching and diving. It is home to the Newquay Fish Festival held in September and of course the Newquay lifeboat. […]
- Sea Kings Flypast Newquay Bay May 22, 2015 - The Sea Kings Flypast – 771 Squadron flew around the coast in a 150 mile tour from Helston to Land’s End, up to Newquay and over Truro, before flying back to the Lizard via Falmouth. The Sea Kings Flypast – 771 Squadron flew around the coast in a 150 mile tour from Helston to […]
- Polo on the Beach Watergate Bay May 19, 2015 - GWR Polo on the Beach will take place on the beach at Watergate Bay on Friday 26, Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 June 2015. “Expect an event that’s bigger and better than ever before. Polo is what this weekend is all about, and this year we’re looking to play three matches with a Friday […]
- Vintage Newquay Surfing Video May 16, 2015 - Surfing in Newquay in the 70’s. Archive surfing film of the early days of surfing in the days before mobile phones, when tablets where a medication from the chemist and flares where in. This vintage Newquay surfing video was made in the decade of the Vietnam War, Nixon as president of the United States, Films […]
- Blue Reef Creative Creatures May 15, 2015 - Newquay’s Blue Reef Aquarium is carrying on the theme from the recent Art8 Festival by hosting a “Creative Creatures” event over the May Half Term holidays (May 23rd – 31st) 2015. Blue Reef Creative Creatures: The staff at the Towan Promenade wildlife attraction are inviting visitors to get creative by using the aquarium’s aquatic inhabitants […]
- Thundercats Experience Watergate Bay May 14, 2015 - If you have wondered what it is like to be in one of these fast inflatables this is the video for you. Thundercats Experience Watergate Bay This video gives you real feel to what it is like being in one of these boats at high speed and what the experience of being tipped out is […]
- Fistral Beach Drone Flight May 10, 2015 - Wonderful views in this Fistral Beach Drone Flight. Newquay’s most famous beach looks wonderful from the air. Fistral Beach Drone Flight – A real birds eye view. From the Video Maker. “Amazingly the seagulls hated the drone and would swarm around it when it got to around 80m in the air – cutting the flight […]
- Newquay Buskers August 13, 2014 - Newquay Buskers The Big Sets Popular local Newquay buskers The Big sets performing in Newquay during the summer 2014.